Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oh hey, it's me (meeeeee)

It's been years!!! Let's see, what am I doing, where have I been....ah, yeah, nothing and nowhere. About a month ago, I fulfilled all requirements for my undergrad programs and I am now impatiently waiting for my degree to arrive to my house (which is going to take about another two months probably). When I came home a couple of weeks ago (four- which feels like 12 right now), I was filled with hope and all sorts of optimism in finding a job and finding a sense of inner peace and all those dreams I guess most people in their 20's have. Well, I haven't. Actually, I haven't been doing much of anything. I've sent out numerous résumés, and e-mails to companies and potential bosses which have led to nothing but an increased chance of possibly being stalked or becoming a victim of identity theft. 
All of this has had a domino effect on my life. My spirits are in the gutter, and I have been so wrapped up in mild depression and self-pity that I don't think about the things that I could be doing in this situation to enjoy myself or make myself a better person. I haven't touched my guitar since the first week I got back. I bought a book from B&N and haven't touched it since the first day I bought it. 
So, what to do now? Sell my iPod? Check. Write a book, sell enough copies to live comfortably and travel the world. Yep. It's nice to dream. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sus! That's not good to hear :( I am trying to find a job as well and completely bored (Jake is in China). And I feel the same way, not enough energy or disposition to do anything, even leave the house. But we have to. We have to do things, fun things.

Call me, poopsie, I miss you!